- Contact Us
How do I install updated GPA 2G software?
Once you have determined that want to install a more recent version of Gcom's software package, contact Gcom support (email@example.com). We will ask you for the current version that your machine is running. You can determine the current version by performing the following steps:
- Using SSH, log into the GPA 2G.
- Type "cat /var/sadm/pkg/GcomSPS/pkginfo" and note the content of that file-- it includes the version number of the SPS (our overall protocol suite) and the Gcom Management Console, which is the Web-based management interface, contained within the SPS.
Once you have that information, we can then specify which update (or series of updates) will work best for you. When we have the software update image ready we will place it on our FTP download site and inform you that it is ready. We do not archive the software images and software images will only be made available on the FTP site for as long as is necessary.
Once the image is ready, we will send you the link and then you can use any FTP client to access and download the image.
Once the image has been downloaded, you will need to perform the following steps to install the image:
- Unzip the image to a USB pen drive. NOTE: Do not unzip it on the GPA 2G itself!
- Insert the pen drive into the USB port of a GPA 2G and the upgrade will start.
- Follow the directions on the screen until update is complete.
- Reboot the GPA 2G system to verify that the version number on the (setup) main screen has changed.
NOTE: If you have multiple GPA 2G devices, one pen drive can update each device with this same procedure.
NOTE: Each update should take 15-30 minutes.
NOTE: The procedures in this document are regarding only the SPS. The console menu software requires a separate upgrade procedure. If you feel that you would like to upgrade that (for example, from V1_5 to V2_0), please contact Gcom support (firstname.lastname@example.org).